In accordance with Section 23.1-307 (D) of the Code of Virginia, the State Board for Community Colleges provides notice that it will consider tuition and mandatory fee increases for Virginia’s Community Colleges, effective Fall 2018, on May 17 at 9 a.m. at 300 Arboretum Place, Richmond.
The State Board will consider tuition and mandatory fee increases of between 1 percent and 3 percent for all undergraduate students, subject to further actions of the General Assembly.
The community colleges would use the revenue generated from the tuition increase to pay for:
- Increased state employee fringe benefit costs;
- Operation and maintenance of new buildings;·
- Technology infrastructure upgrades;
- Contractual obligations; and
- Investments in strategic initiatives to improve student success.
For information, contact Jeffrey Kraus, assistant vice chancellor for strategic communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-592-6767.