The Learning Assistance Center on the Chesapeake Campus is offering a series of refresher workshops for the test, and you don’t even have to be a TCC student. The free workshops are open to the public.
Each two-hour session — one hour of English and one hour of math prep — offers guidance on taking the computer-based placement test. Workshop attendees can ask questions and learn about resources to help prepare for the test on their own.
“You can improve your performance if you know what to expect,” said Buffy Ruffin, Learning Assistance Center manager. “Attending a refresher workshop will boost your confidence. You may know more than you think.”
Registration is not required. You can participate multiple times.
Placement Test Refresher Workshop schedule:
- Thursday, June 9, 1-3 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 22, 3-5 p.m.
- Thursday, July 7, 2-4 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 20, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, July 28, 2-4 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 4, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 13, 1-3 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 17, 1-3 p.m.
The Chesapeake Campus is at 1428 Cedar Road. The Learning Assistance Center is in the Academic Building, Room 4103. For information, call 757-822-5157.